Call Out for Participants for D.A.N.C.E
Participants will be made up of a mix of comedians and dancers, giving opportunity to share your practice, as well as learning about the deliverance of stand up comedy during events taking place on Saturday 20 or Sunday 21 of May.
The questions that will be investigated over the weekend will include;
- Is it possible for comedy and dance to share the stage without one dominating the audience’s attention more than the other?
- What similarities are there between the two artforms?
- How can comedy be used to change perceptions around dance?
- How can dance be used to change the way stand up comedy is delivered?
- What can performers learn from the different artforms?
By agreeing to participate in either the Saturday or Sunday event, you are also agreeing to take part in these further D.A.N.C.E events. The focus of which is work with a comedian throughout a day to create a performance, where the comedian is performing their routine, and the dancer is improvising and reacting to it on stage with them. And then you swap with the comedian performing dance, and the dancer performing a stand up routine.
These events will be taking place on:
4th June – Attenborough Arts Centre, Leicester
29th of October - Attenborough Arts Centre, Leicester
12th November - iC4C, Dance4, Nottingham
For this project you will recieve an honorarium of £250 inclusive of travel which covers the initial weekend and the follow up events.
If this is something you are interested in please contact Ben (ben [at] dance4 [dot] co [dot] uk) with a few sentences about your experience or alternativly call 01159242016 to express your interest in the project.
Supported using public funding by the National Lottery through Arts Council England.