Interested In Improvisation?
Interested in improvisation? Then you may like to know that many of Dance4's autumn residencies are focusing on improvisation. To celebrate this we've been talking to our big extended Dance4 family about what improv is...
...here are their responses.
- 'Creating a response in the moment'
- 'Spontaneous creation'
- 'Improvisation is being in the present and creatively making spontaneous decisions, not planning or predetermining an outcome but allowing yourself to fully engage with where you are, right at that moment.'
- 'A chance to explore ideas on the spot then often these ideas materialise to ideas which can be developed and used in a dance choreography!'
- 'Can an improvisation be a reaction?'
- 'Improvisation is what happens when you are present entirely, in a state of intense perceptivity, open to react to your environment, whether it be people, gestures, movement, sounds or space. Improvisation is letting yourself answer intuitively to all which is around you.'
- 'Improvisation is an act that is not planned, it may have a shape or form but the content happens spontaneously.'
Do you have an opinion on what improvisation is? Why not tweet us it at @Dance_4?
This blog is part of...